About the Academic Council of Karshi State University
This Regulation is based on the Laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On Education" (1997), "On the National Training Program" (1997) and the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education. In accordance with the Regulation "On the Academic Council of the higher education institution", approved by the order No. 487 of December 3, 2011, determines the order of organization of the Academic Council of the university.
I. General Rules
1. According to the Charter, the Academic Council consists of: the rector (chairman), vice-rectors, deans of faculties, heads of academic lyceums attached to the university, heads of specialized departments, as well as representatives of student and employee unions. Other members of the Academic Council are elected by the general meeting of the faculty or by secret ballot in the Academic Council. The number of faculty members elected to the Academic Council is determined by order of the Rector. The Academic Council may include senior scientists and specialists working in the field of higher education, heads of regional departments of public education, secondary special vocational education. The term of office is 5 years.
2. The composition of the Academic Council is approved by the order of the rector of the higher education institution. At the beginning of each academic year, new members are elected and replaced by those who have left the Academic Council for various reasons.
II. Goals and objectives of the Academic Council
3. The purpose of the Academic Council is to unite the efforts of the staff of the higher education institution to address the following issues. Implementation of the National Program of Personnel Training, ensuring the training of high quality bachelors and masters on the basis of modern pedagogical technology and computerization, further development of scientific research, acquisition of excellent knowledge, skills and abilities at the level of state educational standards training of professionals. To instill in young people patriotism, citizenship, pride in their homeland, the formation of spiritual, educational and cultural qualities.
4. University Academic Council:
- Reviews the implementation of state educational standards, curricula and programs in accordance with the "National Training Program" and sets recommendations and tasks on priority issues.
- hears reports of faculties on educational, research and spiritual-educational work, as well as reports on the activities of academic lyceums and professional colleges attached to the university, the results of admission to reports from the admissions committee, the need for graduates of the national economy, marketing services on the relationship with the orders are heard;
- discusses the implementation of research plans, spiritual and educational work, training and retraining of faculty;
- makes decisions on establishing relations with foreign universities;
- issues related to the opening, termination, change of faculties and departments, as well as the establishment or termination of training in new bachelor's and master's specialties, taking into account the proposals of marketing services decides on;
- considers the preparation and publication of textbooks, manuals and scientific, educational and methodological literature;
- Conducts competitions for the positions of professors and teachers in accordance with the Regulations on the procedure for competitive recruitment of teachers in higher education institutions;
- Considers the documents of candidates for the title of professor, associate professor and submits them for approval in the prescribed manner;
- Discusses and identifies measures to ensure the knowledge of English by graduates and professors of educational institutions and the formation of basic skills in computer technology, Internet access;
- discusses the provision of educational process with textbooks, the development of new generation textbooks and manuals, as well as teaching materials based on the use of innovative educational technologies;
- recommends candidates to the intern-researcher-researcher and senior researcher-research institutes, approves their personal plans and dissertation topics;
- Recommends candidates from the ranks of talented students and faculty for internships in foreign universities through the Talent Fund;
- Recommends candidates for the State Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the State Scholarship named after talented students and masters of higher education;
- hears reports from managers on the activities of small businesses, firms and courses engaged in educational services;
- In cooperation with the Healthy Generation Foundation, develops measures to improve the physical education of students and their health;
- discusses the development of corporate cooperation with the main customer organizations, enterprises and institutions, strengthening the material and technical base and improving the effectiveness of student internships, develops recommendations for their improvement;
- identifies measures to improve the safety and health of students and staff of higher education institutions;
- approves annual and long-term development plans of the higher education institution, discusses the results of financial and economic activities of logistics.
III. Organization of the Scientific Council
5. The Academic Council carries out its activities in accordance with the plan developed for each academic year. The Academic Council plan is approved by the University Rector after review by the Academic Council.
6. Decisions of the Academic Council on all issues of educational, scientific-methodical, research, spiritual-educational and organizational work of the higher education institution are made by open voting by a majority vote. A meeting of the Academic Council is valid only if 2/3 of its members are present.
Decisions on competitions and nominations for the positions of faculty members and associate professors are made by secret ballot in the prescribed manner.
7. Decisions of the Academic Council come into force after approval by the rector of the higher education institution.
8. The meeting of the Academic Council is recorded in the minutes. The minutes are signed by the Chairman of the Academic Council and the Secretary of the Academic Council.
9. The Chairman of the Academic Council regularly organizes inspections on the implementation of the decisions of the Academic Council and informs the members of the Academic Council about their results.
This Regulation of the Academic Council of Karshi State University
Approved by Resolution No. 8 of March 2, 2012